At North View Middle School we believe that empowering our students with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful begins before the school year does. An effective transition is key to that success. This spring we held a 5th grade open house event for our incoming students. Parents and students were provided with information about “What to Expect in Middle School”, visited classrooms and were provided a guided tour by our student leaders. If you were unable to attend the open house, I would encourage to contact us to schedule a visit or take a look at the ABCs of North View Middle School information below.
The ABC’s of North View Middle School
North View Middle School is putting on a digital career event and we need your expertise to make it happen! We surveyed our students and they want to learn about you and your career. We are hoping you will put together a two minute video using your smartphone or iPad, to discuss your experience as a professional. This is what they’d like to know:
- Job title and place of employment
- What a day at your job is like
- Your favorite/least favorite part of your job
- How much could you make in your career field
- How you became interested in your career
- Where you went to college
- What the classes in college were like
- How you paid for college
- What high school classes students could take to prepare
- Advice for students interested in going into your field
Thank you for considering sharing your professional experience with North View’s students. The directions below provide the information you will need to upload your video to our YouTube channel by May 12th.
You can also register by clicking here.