At North View Middle School we believe that providing challenging and relevant learning opportunities is the key to our students’ success in middle school and beyond. Because of this belief we are excited to offer an AVID exploratory course to our 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students next year.
This exploratory course is designed to support students, who are in the academic middle, on their path to college. This course is an optional class that students can apply to enter. The AVID program will continue to support these students and prepare them for college as they move on through middle school, and high school. Key components of our AVID course are:
- Skill development in the areas of Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Reading.
- Expectations of taking rigorous courses.
- The opportunity to be tutored by academic mentors.
- Tutorial activities designed to support students with challenging course work.
- Exposure to a college-going culture through guest speakers, college visits, college tutors, etc.
For more information, please visit WWW.AVID.ORG, and feel free to reach out to Anna Paulson, our AVID instructor.
If you have any questions about this or anything else related to North View Middle School please connect with me here or follow me at @NVMSPrincipal.