Our sixth grade students are in the first week of a three week unit covering “Unit Rates.” The key concepts studied are:
- What Unit Rate best describes the current situation?
- How do we calculate a unit rate?
- How do ratios connect to unit rates?
Our seventh grade students are in the first week of an eight week unit covering “Connecting Graphs, Tables, and Equations”. The key concepts being studied are:
- How are graphs, tables, and equations all connected?
- How can we turn data from a table into a graph or equation?
- What do we need to know about a graph to turn it into a table or equation?
Lastly, our eighth grade students are in the second week of a three week unit covering, “Slope and Y-Intercept”. The key concepts being studied are:
- How are slope and y-intercept represented in a graph, table or equation?
- How do we find a slope of a linear function from a graph, table or equation?
- What does it mean to have a y-intercept?
- What makes a function proportional or non-proportional?